1.1. Controller — a natural person or a legal entity, a state or a local government institution, which, alone or together with others, prescribes the purposes of personal data processing and the means of processing.
1.2. Data protection officer — data protection officer is the contact of SIA “LMI Translations” for matters related to data protection, collection, processing, storage and deletion.
1.3. Data subject — a natural person who has been identified or has not yet been identified but whose identity can be determined by obtaining additional information.
1.4. Personal data — any information relating to an identified or identifiable person by which a person can be identified (such as name, surname, phone number, e-mail address, address of residence, personal medical history, information about income, a photo, location data, data of the person’s passport, etc.).
1.6. Processor — a natural person or a legal entity that processes personal data on behalf of the controller (SIA “LMI Translations”).
3.1. Data protection officer of SIA “LMI Translations” can be contacted by writing to [email protected] or caling (+371) 67275623, GSM: (+371) 26334621.
4.1. Personal data processing is any activity performed on personal data: collecting, recording, entering, storing, arranging, modifying, using, transmitting, transferring and disclosing, blocking or deleting of data.
4.2. SIA “LMI Translations” data protection and processing principles:
- 4.2.1. data is processed fairly and lawfully;
- 4.2.2. data is processed for specific purposes and solely in accordance with them;
- 4.2.3. data amount is adequate (not excessive);
- 4.2.4. data is accurate;
- 4.2.5. data is not stored longer than necessary;
- 4.2.6. data is processed in accordance with your rights;
- 4.2.7. data is secured;
- 4.2.8. data is not transferred to other organizations or abroad without adequate protection.
4.3. SIA “LMI Translations” undertakes to collect only the personal data necessary for its direct operations and process it in accordance with Paragraph 4.2.
4.4. SIA “LMI Translations” as the controller is responsible for the security of the data in its possession. The company undertakes to pay attention to the organization of internal processes in order to prevent the data being accessed by individuals who do not need such data to fulfil their everyday duties.
4.5. The company controls and records individuals who access personal data.
5.1. SIA “LMI Translations”, depending on the situation or the task, may process the following personal data:
- 5.1.1. Name, surname, personal identity number, tax payer’s number;
- 5.1.2. E-mail address, phone number;
- 5.1.3. Banking details;
- 5.1.4. Documents that certify education and work experience;
- 5.1.5. Data provided and/or submitted by a customer, employee or supplier to SIA “LMI Translations” for the purpose of communication, provision of a language service or in relation to employment matters;
- 5.1.6. Cookies.
6.1. Data is mostly obtained directly, when the data subject contacts us, when we receive a request for our services or a job application letter, within the framework of customer surveys, etc.
6.2. Data can also be obtained through publicly available resources such as LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.
6.3. Data about our website visitors is obtained through Google Analytics.
6.4. Data (not identifying an individual) is also obtained using cookies.
7.1. Depending on the situation, SIA “LMI Translations” processes data for the following purposes:
- 7.1.1. To fulfil customer orders, for customer service and after-sales service purposes;
- 7.1.2. To measure customer satisfaction;
- 7.1.3. For marketing purposes — to prepare and send personalised, proper offers;
- 7.1.4. To administer incoming and outgoing payments;
- 7.1.5. To administer the database of language service providers (incl., to conclude cooperation agreements, to plan work, and to send informative materials);
- 7.1.6. To manage internal processes and carry out analysis of the company’s main performance indicators;
- 7.1.7. To deal with HR management matters in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations. With regard to our language service providers, as well as our staff members, SIA “LMI Translations” processes the information contained in the person’s CV, data necessary for making payments, and dealing with the legal aspects of cooperation.
- 7.1.8. To fulfil legal obligations that apply to SIA “LMI Translations”, for example, if there there has been a request for the disclosure of personal data to public administration institutions in accordance with laws and regulations.
8.1. SIA “LMI Translations” is responsible for ensuring that data processing is always lawful and reasonable.
8.2. Data is processed on the following legal basis:
- 8.2.1. Execution or preparation of a contract with a data subject – for example, providing feedback in case of comments and complaints, to provide customer service of high quality.
- 8.2.2. Data subject’s consent to a specific data-processing purpose, such as marketing activities.
- 8.2.3. For SIA “LMI Translations” to comply with statutory obligations, such as requirements of laws and regulations.
- 8.2.4. To protect the legitimate interests of SIA “LMI Translations”, for example, to develop custom-made, improved solutions, in order to provide customers with comprehensive services.
- 8.2.5. To protect the vital interests of a data subject or other person (such as life and health).
9.1. Data of data subjects is mainly processed by the employees of SIA “LMI Translations”, who have signed strict non-disclosure agreements and are professionally trained for such tasks.
9.2. Personal data may be transferred to the partners of SIA “LMI Translations” and/or institutions, the involvement of which is required to provide a service of high quality.
9.3. Personal data may be transferred to our cooperation partners (such as providers of outsourced accounting services, IT system developers or debt collection companies) who have entered into strict non-disclosure agreements. Our cooperation partners process personal data only for the purposes stated in the agreement and only to the extent specified.
9.4. In certain cases, data may be transferred to law enforcement or local government authorities, if required from SIA “LMI Translations” by applicable laws and regulations or a legitimate request from the relevant public authority. In such a case, SIA “LMI Translations” discloses only the required data.
10.1. Right to withdraw one’s consent.
- 10.1.1. If SIA “LMI Translations” processes data based solely on the consent of the data subject, they have the right to withdraw their consent at any time by writing to [email protected].
10.2. Right to access one’s data.
- 10.2.1. Data subjects have the right to clarify, whether SIA “LMI Translations” processes their data and what kinds of data are processed, as well as to find out the purpose of such processing.
10.3. Right to object to data processing or forbid it.
- 10.3.1. Data subjects have the right to object to data processing or forbid it, unless this is in conflict with the applicable laws and regulations or the protection of legitimate interests of SIA “LMI Translations”.
- 10.3.2. It should be noted that in certain cases, if the data subject has denied data processing, SIA “LMI Translations” will not be able to provide services or cooperate with the data subject.
10.4. Right to rectification.
- 10.4.1. Data subjects have the right to request SIA “LMI Translations” to rectify any inaccurate, obsolete or otherwise incomplete data of the particular data subject.
10.5. Right to opt out of direct marketing activities.
- 10.5.1. Data subjects have the right to opt out of direct marketing activities at any time by writing to [email protected].
10.6. Right to data portability.
- 10.6.1. If SIA “LMI Translations” processes data based solely on the consent of or an agreement with the data subject, they have the right to request and receive their personal data held by SIA “LMI Translations” in an electronically processable format for submission to another service provider.
11.1. Data will be stored and processed for as long as at least one of the following conditions exists:
- 11.1.1. There is an effective agreement entered into between the customer or the supplier and SIA “LMI Translations”;
- 11.1.2. The duration of the processing and storage of personal data is prescribed by the laws of the Republic of Latvia;
- 11.1.3. The customer has not withdrawn their consent to data processing;
- 11.1.4. Data processing is necessary for the protection of legitimate interests of SIA “LMI Translations”.
11.2. Applications that have been received from language service providers and include CV and/or education certificates, may be stored for up to 6 months, prior to concluding a cooperation agreement or until a decision is taken on deletion of the data.
11.3. Customer data stored by the Company is regularly updated and deleted. Customer data is deleted when 5 years have passed since the last order.
12.1. In order to ensure the best possible functionality to the visitors of our website, SIA “LMI Translations” uses services provided by Google Analytics.
12.2. Cookies are small text files stored by a web browser (such as Firefox, Safari, etc.) on a web user’s computer, tablet, or smartphone.
12.3. By using cookies that do not identify a specific user, common user behavior and actions can be determined.
12.5. User may delete and/or block cookies in the browser settings at any time. It has to be taken into account that blocking cookies may restrict the functionality and usage of our website.
12.6. More information about cookies is available here.
13.1. SIA “LMI Translations” mainly stores data in electronic format, as well as in the company’s office.
13.2. Data is properly protected by using passwords, secure servers, restriction of access rights, encryption, firewalls, and other measures.
13.3. The data located in the company’s office are stored in locked rooms or spaces and destroyed using document shredding equipment.
13.4. Strict confidentiality of data is ensured. SIA “LMI Translations” delegates data processing only to verified partners and suppliers with whom a non-disclosure agreement has been concluded. Partners and suppliers process data only for the intended purposes and to the extent required.
13.5. SIA “LMI Translations” regularly reviews and improves its data protection measures.